Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ohhh, Maybe I'll Move To Chicago!

So, tonight I tried Chicago deep dish pizza for the first time. It was pretty delish. I have to say that I am still a NY style, thin crust, light sauce, extra cheese fan, but deep dish was like an entirely different meal. I don't know if I can even call it pizza, check it out:
Ohh, look! A rainbow umbrella outside! Too bad it was cold. Nothing says Unicorns like rainbows.
But really the excitement was not the pie, but in waiting for dinner to come to our table. You see, I sat next to my little friend Allie. Allie is almost four. We were in a very deep discussion about her Nana's dog, Britches. I had to interject.

"You mean to tell me that your Nana's dog is named Pants??"

"TEEHEEHEEHEHEHEHEE!!!! YES!! PANTS! WANT SOME CHEESE?"

"No. Thank you."

Five minutes later, "Jessica! I love you." Smooch on the shoulder.

"Awww, I love you, too Allie." Smooch on the head.

"I LOVE YOU MORE THAN... PANTS-CHEESE!!!!!!!!!" And then it was over. How can the adults at the table possibly go on for the rest of the night without 706 more references to Pants-Cheese?

And then a few of us got felt up under the table.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love Allie!! Just so you know, I also love you more than pants cheese. For reals. :)

♥ ♥ ♥ said...

Awwww, Linda! My heart is warm and gooey and filled with cheese now! Right back atcha! :)

Unknown said...

Ahh, Allie and her dadaist sense of humor. :) She gets the idea of comedy but not quite the fact that it's supposed to make sense. Or maybe not!

♥ ♥ ♥ said...

Whatever it is, it's funny!