Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ornamentals.

Word. This dated gem represents my birth.
My little brother has a more updated version. And yes, I *am* wearing an Atari shirt. How nice of you to notice!So, every year I try to give everyone a new ornament tied to one of their gifts. My Swedish grandmother started this tradition when I was young and ever since she passed away years ago, I have followed in her footsteps. This year I broke the tradition 'cause let's face it. No one has extra monies for add-ons, especially not the unemployed. Next year will be different! ;-)

Here are a few from over the years...I must've made this one with my grandma because I recognize her handwriting! I also know that we have at least three of these bad boys floating around in the ornament boxes. It's like I made one in every preschool class or Sunday school class I was in. God Bless the googly-eyed clothespin reindeer.I gave these to my parents a few years ago:My mom also has a thing for elephants. These are a few I have gotten her over the years. I like how the orange one looks pissed off.And of course, a few more favorite hand-painted wooden ones that my mom did, circa 1970-something to round out this post!

No comments: