Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Hanukkah!

Yep. I celebrate the Festival of Lights. Not with gifts, but by lighting the menorah, spinning the dreidel and maybe dishing out a few latkes over the next 8 days. Why, you ask? Well, ever since we found out we have Jewish lineage, of course!Once the discovery was made in the family tree, it suddenly explained so much. About my mother. But that's a whole other blog post. :-)I was feeling generous, and since someone other than me was actually interested in lighting the menorah tonight, I let the crazy Jew, I mean my wonderful mother light the first candle.So, yes. We still celebrate Christmas since our religion is decidedly Non-Denominational Christian, but I like to honor our new found heritage with a little light eight nights a year.

And, P.S. I love my crazy-insane Jewish mother. I'm pretty sure she's where I get my spunk.

No comments: